Monday, May 6, 2013

AOL Autos Test Drive 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

 
.

But I have to admit, I absolutely love muscle cars. I love the roar of the engine, the squeal of the tires, their stance on the road and, of course, getting to use all of that glorious, unabashedly fuel-guzzling power. Theres something about mashing on that accelerator that gets the blood going in a way that no EV will ever be able to do, no matter how much torque they employ.

Hence my excitement when I learned I would be spending a week behind the wheel of a Camaro ZL1. Though it goes against several fundamental beliefs, I couldnt wait to drive it.

The 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is the most powerful Camaro that GM has ever made and it comes with a stat sheet that could get even the most ecocentric individual salivating: 580 hp, 556 lb-ft of torque, 0-60 MPH in 3.9 seconds, top speed of 184 MPH. This Camaro was designed to compete with the Ford Shelby GT500, which is generally considered the acme of Motor City Muscle.

Although I knew I was going to filling up the gas tank a lot, I was ready to get on the road to see if this behemoth could really rev my inner motor the way I hoped it could.

So does the driving experience of the Camaro ZL1 live up to the hype? Does it offer up a real challenge to the Ford Shelby GT500? Read on to see what I discovered

Source article : http://autos.aol.com/gallery/2013-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-review